G & S Gas Service INC is your local Generac Certified Sales and Service Dealer, and we would love to help with your home generator purchase, installation, and service. Our service areas include but aren’t limited to: Milledgeville, Gray, Eatonton, Greensboro, Lake Oconee, Lake Sinclair, Gordon, McIntyre, Sparta, and Haddock.
A permanently installed Generac back-up home generator protects your home automatically during a loss of power. It runs on natural gas or propane, and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit. A home generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items. The generator kicks in within seconds of determining power loss—automatically—and runs for as long as necessary until utility power returns.
Installing a home generator is an exciting time. G & S Gas will prepare the installation site outside your home, place the generator, run the natural gas or LP fuel line, install the transfer switch, and make all of the necessary electrical connections. Once installed, we will make sure that your home generator runs properly, and is ready to protect your home during its first power outage.
If your power goes out, your home generator comes on – automatically. It’s really that simple.
The home generator system consists of a generator and transfer switch. The generator sits outside of your home or business just like a central air conditioner, while the transfer switch is located next to the main breaker box, and in some cases replaces it entirely.
What size generator do I need?
Click this link to be directed to Generac’s Sizing tool: http://www.generac.com/for-homeowners/home-backup-power/build-your-generator
Why install an automatic backup generator instead of using portable units?
During a utility power outage, an automatic backup home generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed backup generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic backup home generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
2014 Power Outages by County
- 9819 Homes Affected
- Average Outage Time: 25 hrs
- 3453 Homes Affected
- Average Outage Time: 52 hrs
- 3138 Homes Affected
- Average Outage Time: 21 hrs
- 4909 Homes Affected
- Average Outage Time: 54 hrs
- 651 Homes Affected
- Average Outage Time: 8 hrs